Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Today

Last evening, I stepped outside for some air. It has been very warm here the past few days but after I came home from the vet I spent the day cleaning: how did two small cats have so much stuff? Outside it was still warm and humid and someone, somewhere was burning something. The smell of smoke was nearby and it always makes me pause and walk around the house. The fireflies were out, dancing under the Maple. It was a nice break to stand and watch them, to know that nothing was on fire and nothing needed action.


Today I turned the cat quarters back into a guest room. Today I hung a picture I bought because I just wanted it. Today I bought a begonia that I will put on my dining room table, the table I had to remove a begonia from shortly after Zora and Ursula jumped on the table, ate some and then threw it up onto the table. Oh, joyous catdom! Today I watched the young birds flock to the feeders and try out their territorial wings. The new cardinals are so bold right now. The squirrels ran them all off, but the birds just giggled from the lilacs – they don’t care. Today was Tuesday. Gosh it seemed like a week.

Be safe, be kind. Wear your mask. Get the vaccine. Be. Safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Enter freely and of your own will

Classes were scheduled to start on Tuesday, January 16th, unfortunately, that first day saw the school closed due to cold and snow. So all c...