Monday, July 26, 2021

A quick cat year

Farewell, Ursula. I sang her song, I sang the alternate cat song (Lady Cat, you are my lady cat. Slow R&B) I stayed in the quiet corner room and ran my hand down her body and listened to the sounds of the vet clinic: The doctors and techs talking, phones ringing, a dog barking. I knew it was time for her, before pain or panic or wasting. She spent the weekend being cuddled, she spent an inordinate amount of time on my lap, she curled beside me on the bed and snoozed.

These pictures are from one year ago, shortly after we got them. When they had decided we were alright and this new house was full of comforts and surprises and, aside from that lady singing to us, we were okay. Safe. Cozy. Loved.

Be safe, be kind, sing a song for your cats.





2 comments:

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Enter freely and of your own will

Classes were scheduled to start on Tuesday, January 16th, unfortunately, that first day saw the school closed due to cold and snow. So all c...