Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Where do beavers keep their money? *

I just wanted to post a quick update on the cicadas: they’re here! I heard them yesterday and spotted one tonight flying between trees out front. So exciting. I spotted this shirt in a window on Main Street in Belleville on Monday, I love it; the color is perfect! And a shout out to Belleville for all the Pride flags along Main Street.


I also want to talk about a movie Jerry, and I watched recently called Hundreds of Beavers. I’d read a review in the New York Times back in March and it sounded so silly. It was very silly, but I told Jerry, “Dean would have loved this.” Would it have knocked Cocaine Bear off his “top of “list? I think maybe, and when I read the review again one of the creators was inspired by: “… silent-era comedy masters like Buster Keaton, and with Abbott and Costello comedies that he watched with his Minnesotan grandfather.” Yes, Dean Husted would have liked this movie. Isn’t it nice to have people pop up again like this. Happy Birthday, Papa Bear, you live on with us all.

See the movie if you can. Hundreds of Beavers can’t be wrong.

Hundreds of Beavers

If You See Only One Beaver Movie This Year …


*Where do beaver keep their money?
In the River Bank.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! Yes, yes, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome t-shirt. I hope the broods are more enjoyable than our current hordes of Mormon crickets (not really crickets, they are a hard-shelled katydid), the ground is moving with them, and the grass and trees and buildings..... I agree, papa bear would have loved this movie.
    Love and hugs,
    Mariah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

This and that

     I’ve been packing Jerry for trips since 1985. It started innocently enough the day he was set to PCS (Permanent change of station) he c...