Thursday, June 13, 2024

The Return of the Swamp Thing

    Part of the problem with having to move things out of kitchen cupboards is that the items have to go somewhere else. The destination was the spare room, the smallest bedroom in the house that we use as a pantry and catchall. As I was shifting things in the spare room I was also making plans for shifting things in the bedroom as we will be moving from there while the bathrooms are being done. So, I needed to have room to move some of the clothes from the bedroom into the guest room, and of course, where would I put the things from the guest room. Suffice it to say I’ve been moving and shifting items for a week now. More than once, I’ve wondered when the Hoarder’s Starter Kit took over our house!?

    Jerry keeps telling me, “We’re weeks out.” But I know how these things work, you’re relaxed thinking you’ve got time, and then an opening in the schedule happens or, and tell me if this sounds plausible, Jerry sends me a message that says, “Hey they’re starting tomorrow morning.” – of course he sends this while he’s on the road followed by “Did I forget to tell you?” At least all the moving is done, the shifting and the imaginings of where things will live. Yesterday in the final move we got the elliptical out of my office. When we moved in three larger men wrestled it down the hall and into the room, and when we replaced the floor in there we simply moved this behemoth from one side to the other. We ended up taking it apart and then reassembling it in the front room (furniture moving before it arrived!) where we can get it out through our double front door. I’ve found a thrift store that will take it and though it was helpful during the pandemic it has mostly been gathering dust and used as an open-air closet. Then an office layout needed to be reimagined and everything moved or rearranged.

    So that is the easy stuff. The heat has come, today wasn’t too bad but as Anthony, our morning weatherman, says, “By Friday it will be swampy!” Swampy. Sigh.

    And here's a random picture from my yard: 



2 comments:

  1. Brava. That's all. Bye, Swampy elliptical! Hello, new kitchen / bathrooms of the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swamp thing....eww...... Love the garden bed! YAY remodel. You may find any number of things that had been forgotten about in all this shifting and shuffling. I always seem to.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Mid-year, solstice, heat dome

This morning on our ramble we encountered a few of the night creatures wrapping up their work. We had set out earlier than usual due to the ...