Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Day Five NaPoWriMo

I laughed today when this video popped up, I made it in 2020 for the SHAPE Library for Poetry Month. I made four "poetry moments" that month. This one though begins with subtle acting! 

The rains have stopped here and the temperature dropped 30 degrees today, all I can say is ah.



Between the buildings between classes

and rainstorms and thunder rattling the day

the finches believe no one sees them

constructing a nest in the shrubbery,

but I see them. I saw them two days

ago when I stopped to watch as they worried

a long weedy reed past needles, acting

nonchalant about how it would not fit.

And now, with so many people passing

they take their next beak full of grasses

and flit into a tree, telling one another

just wait, just wait until everyone

is past – except me – and they dive

back to the shrub, into the interior

where I listen to their gentle speak,

yes, there, that’s perfect.


1 comment:

  1. Oh what fun! Love the video, and the poem of course!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Enter freely and of your own will

Classes were scheduled to start on Tuesday, January 16th, unfortunately, that first day saw the school closed due to cold and snow. So all c...