Sunday, April 30, 2023

April 30 NaPoWriMo ~~ Fini

Penny (L) and Mr. Fancy MauHaus Cat Cafe

At the cat café, I am immediately in violation of the rules
No picking up I am told so place Patrice on the table
where he looks at me smugly, no cuddles for you, he seems
to say. It’s like a bookstore here, so many interesting titles
if books wore fur and had these tails, but each cat has a story
and with time they will share some of their wonder and poetry.

Mr. Fancy is here with his sister, Annie, a bonded pair
hoping to be adopted together. Benny is a special wild child,
Celeste a one-eyed beauty and Big Boy trying to be a hard ass
but he can’t not come to people for attention: cat fail. I’m here
investigating, all of this is for a paper, I tell myself that the rest
of the day: all research, all research, all research.


 


1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I have heard of cat cafes but never seen one. Sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Enter freely and of your own will

Classes were scheduled to start on Tuesday, January 16th, unfortunately, that first day saw the school closed due to cold and snow. So all c...