Friday, September 16, 2022

Look up

 Wordsworth wrote

 "I wandered lonely as a cloud
  That floats on high o'er vales and hills,"

A fitting couplet to repeat today on Cloud Appreciation Day. It's also the day to add a cloud shot to the Memory Cloud Atlas. A poet friend sent me the link and I have shared it as well.

I was slightly disappointed this morning when not a cloud was in sight. The only object that made me look up was the silly gaggle of geese that were landing on a building on campus. From the ground just their necks and heads were visible like reeds blowing in a gentle breeze and then much honking would arise and another one or two joined the rave. I knew my first class was on the third floor in an adjacent building so went up to see the geese across the way.

There is a perfectly good pond out there and people are just coming to class, wouldn't this be a good time to just get in the way and block access? Was the novelty of looking down without flying fascinating? I enjoyed pondering about them. 


As I was leaving after my last class I shot these clouds hanging around. 


Well, be safe. Look up. Ponder a new thing.


1 comment:

  1. Not much for clouds here yesterday either, and then today, unexpectedly,
    Rain!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Enter freely and of your own will

Classes were scheduled to start on Tuesday, January 16th, unfortunately, that first day saw the school closed due to cold and snow. So all c...