Wednesday, August 11, 2021

A lot of rhyme on a dime to make the world turn twice

I try very hard to be kind while I’m out and about. For the most part it is easy (aside from driving Tourette’s) I don’t have a lot of interactions and, when I do, it’s generally a quick question or to pay for whatever item I have. My thoughts may not be pure but I won’t make anyone feel bad. It’s all please and thank you, how are you, be safe and no worries. Masking here has been along the lines of if you are vaccinated you can forget it. I suspect that there are a lot of liars when I shop, just based on the local, state and national numbers. With that in mind I mask, I distance and I sanitize during and after my trips. Knowing all this I think a woman tried to provoke me yesterday when I was in a local shop. She came up way too close, she’s unmasked and when I moved away, she made a point of coming close to look at the displays and bins near me. Finally, she asked an inane question about the item I was holding, that’s when I turned to her and made eye contact – when I noticed she had the sad crazed eyes of Marjorie Taylor Greene – I suddenly felt so bad for her; this is what she did with her day. I answered her question and then turned back around. Then I focused on the two clerks, both helping people without masks (even though they were masked and behind the plexiglass), they seemed defeated. I tried to radiate calm toward them, and peace and maybe just a little of the silly joy I had that morning as I was dancing around the kitchen to Grandmaster Flash (or flailing depending on what your definition of movement is). So, I started humming Freedom, thinking if I needed to start dancing (or flailing) it would be so alarming that anyone would keep their distance. I always tell Jerry that if I am in danger I will react like a turtle and start peeing on people. Though if someone was just trying to help me out of the road, I would not use that defense…the turtle I’m speaking of knows exactly who they are.

Be safe, be kind. Dance or flail, whichever feels best. Keep your distance, wear a mask. Vaccinate. Watch out for turtles.


1 comment:

  1. Laughing and laughing here. I didn't know turtles responded by peeing, though I know a number of critters that do!
    I laud your commitment to being kind, to finding a way to feel bad for some of the people out there who would willingly endanger others. I generally just try to avoid them, and people in general!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Enter freely and of your own will

Classes were scheduled to start on Tuesday, January 16th, unfortunately, that first day saw the school closed due to cold and snow. So all c...