Thursday, November 5, 2020

Only take as directed

Today, to stop the noise and worry, I cleaned the raised beds, untangled vines, turned the soil, a little light maintenance on the frames, and put the hog wire back in place. Safe from the freeze, deep inside the jungle of the plants, I found ten or so tomatoes that should ripen. I also cleaned my sunflower bed, pulled up all the marigolds (sigh), moved birdfeeders, trimmed some shrubs. I could have spent hours in the backyard raking and trimming but I need to pace myself; when I came in there was still no election results. So, I had Jerry go with me to the commissary to get away from the news. I threatened him last night with a dose of NyQuil if he was up at all hours. He doesn’t have my superpower, stress sleeping, and so was up most of Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning. NyQuil, or anything like it, would knock him out for a good ten hours but anxiety and exhaustion did the trick last night. I think the five-mile walk helped too. Now we’re in a holding pattern like so many others. Nothing new. I do notice that most of the Trump signs are off peoples’ lawns. Most of the Biden signs, mine included, are still up.

On top of all the waiting for election results (and listening to the (new) lies spewing from this administration) in local news, over in Missouri, a poll worker who had COVID-19, (who had tested positive on October 30 and was told to quarantine) still chose to go to the polls, still worked closely with nine people, and maybe helped some voters, has died. The county has to notify the 1800 plus people who came to vote at that location. It’s just beyond the pale.

Here’s a little video I shot this morning, yelling at the plane “Get out of the air space over my lawn!” The Air Force never listens. I didn’t watch this until hours after I shot it and then it just felt so appropriate for today.


 
Be safe.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't hear you yelling, but I like the idea :-)
    I have that super power too, though these days I try to do exercise instead.
    I can't follow the drama, it's not useful to my well being and it won't alter the outcome, so I just ignore it all and know there will be a result eventually.
    I love all the winter prep you did. I have some things done but not all and wintry weather arrives this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Enter freely and of your own will

Classes were scheduled to start on Tuesday, January 16th, unfortunately, that first day saw the school closed due to cold and snow. So all c...