Thursday, December 7, 2023

Sweet fairy wren

"We are shaped by the landscapes we are born to as inescapably as any other earthly creature born to any other ecosystem." Margaret Renkl

This is the last full week of classes for the semester. Today was the last day of Earth Science if (if!) you needed to take the final exam. I did not need to, so I didn’t go to class. I attended the lecture on Tuesday and turned in my lab, which just seemed respectful to the Professor.

Then I went to the last Mass Comm class today before our final next week. Tomorrow is the last regular class for Film Appreciation, we’ll watch one more film, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure which was chosen by one of the students after a “quiz” victory. It was really fun actually, the quiz and the film will be fun to see again after all this time.

I’ve finished all my blogs for the class, and I have a little bit more to write on my final paper, I’m comparing True Grit 1969 & 2010. A good excuse to rewatch the movies and read the novel again. After watching and writing about the movie There Will Be Blood, it’s nice to think about a film where a female gets to tell a story (have more than ten lines). I’m all set up for the Spring semester but will enjoy about a month's break.

I went to get my haircut on Monday and as I walked into the salon I was asked if I had checked in online, “Yes.” I said.

“What name?”

“Mary”

“Okay, got you.”

And then this man walked over and sat down next to me and said, “Mary, your son will save us.”

What?

“Do you know that song? It’s about Jesus.”

                            

Yesterday I watched a Carolina Wren at my front door. It was patrolling all the bricks and stones looking for bugs. I think I got a good six- or seven-minute observation before it was spooked by a couple of sparrows, jerks. I want a wren for my best friend.

Here are some random pictures from the past few months.








7 comments:

  1. Okay the hair salon thing is just really random and startling. I'm trying to even think of the right word and it's not coming to me.
    What is the picture that looks like floating painted rocks on an algae covered pond?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Dale Chihuly's work at the Missouri Botanical Garden, glass balls, and the pond is fill if common duckweed.

      Delete
  2. You save me. Just sayin'. I click on Meanders like opening a Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Enter freely and of your own will

Classes were scheduled to start on Tuesday, January 16th, unfortunately, that first day saw the school closed due to cold and snow. So all c...