Saturday, April 8, 2023

Day Seven and Eight NaPoWriMo

Last night I forgot to post a poem, I was preoccupied with a discussion for my Literature class. We usually have something to write “to” every week based on what we are reading and discuss with classmates as well. This past week we were reading and talking about Deaf writers and the culture of Deaf literature. The question we needed to discuss was about language and culture. But one of my classmates went off on a small rant re: white privilege (he doesn’t have it! – how could he, but as a young white man he has experienced racism) so I got distracted. So, I had a very even-tempered response to him today, I believe and look forward to Monday’s class.

Closer to home my neighbor was asking about the best bait for flat cats -- they are coming out of hibernation and ready to move into new burrows. They’ve spotted a couple and one has been nosing around the cars again. I gave them a supply of peanuts and this afternoon they announced they had caught one already! What this really tells me is I need to relook at the areas I blocked last year to ensure there are no breaches.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

At the top of the trees
like the past year’s last fruit
the robin is glowing
in this morning’s dawn
a song bright with light
the frost glistening below

(NaPoWriMo April 7)

“moth against the street lamps” (from The Hut by Lisa Robertson)

A staccato beat in the shadows
the moon full of envy, wishing
she was close enough to receive
their dusty blessing too.

(NaPoWriMo April 8)


 And here are some hollyhocks from a place long ago and far away, KFalls.



1 comment:

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Enter freely and of your own will

Classes were scheduled to start on Tuesday, January 16th, unfortunately, that first day saw the school closed due to cold and snow. So all c...