Monday, March 14, 2022

Something peaceful, neutral

The flowers outside are the only thing that has a little tameness about them. I didn't rake leaves last fall, letting whatever creatures need to sleep (and eat) amongst them have peace. I think my neighbor behind us may have been a little cerebral about it all. He and his wife were out picking up branches and pinecones during a heavy wind last week; they’ve mown their lawn once already. I'll start cleaning tomorrow. I saw Olive the ground hog today, that's my spring. She was paused on the lawn, slim from her sleep. She headed toward the woods near the little ravine. If she needs water that’s where she’ll head, I imagine. Down there it’s always damp. As you walk through the neighborhood there are places you hear water running. A groundhog has to drink. She has shown up just as one of the pears went bad, think of the odds of that? I cut the pear up and left it for her. She will be my friend, little brown flat cat.

Speaking of little brown cats, here’s my neighbor’s cat from the other day, she was out not being very hidden while watching birds and when I knocked on the window she came over to the door until I stepped out to say hello. She makes the rounds (we are on a cul-de-sac, lol) daily. I did see her go under the deck the other day and it made me wonder if Olive was around and they seem to have some sort of interspecies friendship/enmity going on. Now that Olive is back it will be interesting to see what happens this year. Something peaceful, neutral.



1 comment:

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Enter freely and of your own will

Classes were scheduled to start on Tuesday, January 16th, unfortunately, that first day saw the school closed due to cold and snow. So all c...