Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Numbers

Today we became a fully vaccinated household. Both of us have had our second shot. Truthfully, I did not expect this day to happen until fall at the earliest. Even after President Biden was inaugurated and made his 100 million in 100 days, I thought (based on what we had seen prior) that he’d overpromised and that other factors would go forward to slow progress down. Not only are we vaccinated but those we love and look forward to seeing soon have had their first or second (or, in one case, one) shot.

During the Spanish Influenza of 1918-1919 it is estimated that 675,000 people died in the US. Right now, from COVID-19, we’re at (about) 564,000. Every day I watch the numbers of US vaccinated, those infected, hospitalized and deaths. Even when a low number like 256 deaths was reported the other day I said, that’s Lostine or Ukiah or Halfway. It’s Ellis Grove or Verona or St Johns. Little towns everywhere. People that have families and friends and had plans. It ripples and ripples and ripples.

Well.

Here’s a flowering tree I passed on my walk yesterday. Be safe, be kind, please get vaccinated.



3 comments:

  1. How did you two react to the 2nd jab? I get mine in 9 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a little soreness at the injection site.

      Delete
    2. Wow, you two are outside the cases I've encountered so far. Other than you only the 70+ age group is reporting no symptoms after the 2nd shot. I will keep my fingers crossed...

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Enter freely and of your own will

Classes were scheduled to start on Tuesday, January 16th, unfortunately, that first day saw the school closed due to cold and snow. So all c...