Friday, February 5, 2021

We'll always have Paris

In January, (or was it December?) we updated our wills. Just one of those things that needs to be restructured as you move and acquire cats that may one day need a caretaker. That’s not the important thing, cat assets, but while we were at the law office, we met a man who had lived in Europe, had married a woman from Belgium, who missed travel and especially their apartment in Malaysia. And of course, we had a good time chatting with him as we miss travel a great deal too.  Jerry often asks, Will we see Paris again? and I always answer Yes, just not soon. Not this year I am certain. But we will eventually get back. The Louvre has been renovating since the pandemic shut them down and I’m anxious to see what has happened there. I think my last trip to Paris was when my sisters visited and we did a whirlwind tour around Belgium, zipped over to London, they went to Germany for a few days and then we ended up in Paris. It was a really, really good time. They flew out of Paris early that final day and I spent the rest of the morning strolling about on my way back to the Louvre for a few hours before I had to get myself to Gare du Nord to catch my train home. Sigh.

We’ve been watching a lot of travel shows to compensate. Some are just YouTube videos, of course Rick Steves, very random offerings, places we’ve been, places we’d like to go. Travel Man with Richard Ayoade is a favorite, when you really need a laugh or to see something most people won’t. So today I will leave some travel pictures and hope that 2022 will be a time the world will be ready to receive visitors again. If you’re looking for normalcy, I suggest following the New Zealand Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, on Instagram as she goes around her country.

 Just that.








1 comment:

  1. Ah travel. It's about memories I think.
    We contemplated Iceland to celebrate Roger's defense of his dissertation, hiking, backpacking, farm stays. But with limited funds I have a hard time justifying spending money we could use to FINALLY 'retire' and live on our own land.
    Although I like my new job, I would still rather Not have to work for $ and just be working on my own place, daily chores, that kind of thing.
    I've traveled enough. I want to have the time to learn the rhythms of my 'own' land, there is so much there to see and understand. and so little time left in this body's lifetime...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Enter freely and of your own will

Classes were scheduled to start on Tuesday, January 16th, unfortunately, that first day saw the school closed due to cold and snow. So all c...