Thursday, November 26, 2020

As Thursdays go

I placed an extra portion of peanuts out today for the Blue Jays and the squirrels and Otto and Olive. The cardinals pick at them but don’t really eat many. A Carolina Wren hopped about and tackled one but just seemed to wrestle it before flitting off.  When the Jays find the bounty, they call in their friends and the peanuts are gone quickly. Once we came back from our walk, I put more peanuts around calling this the feast for our family and friends. We had a small feast as well: lasagna, caprese insalata (using the last of my tomatoes), dressing, deviled eggs and for Jerry, a very small portion of Tater Tots. Later we will have dessert, cheesecake, and that will be it. Much more than so many have right now, much less than in years past when we had family and friends join us and much different from a lot of years when we could get to Barcelona or Madrid, Berlin or Dublin in a few hours over a long weekend.

Last night I was reading movie descriptions for Jerry. He likes Zombie movies or giant Lizards and much running and screaming. So many start with: “During a pandemic”, “because of a Virus”, “a virus and political upheaval” and my favorite “during a pandemic, zombies roam the streets”. I finally made a connection:


And tonight I go back to reading Albert Camus's The Plague. I've taken a break from it but it is time to pick it back up. I read it so many years ago that the entire novel feels like a dream I can just remember having. It's actually a good thing to read during a pandemic, I didn't think it would be but it feels right.

Be safe, be kind, you are appreciated and loved. 😷💗

2 comments:

  1. Ahah! I see that connection now. I wish I had more time to read, but I am thankful to have a, very good, job, and plenty to keep me busy.
    I made lasagna too, a white sauce lasagna with sausage and mushrooms and spaghetti squash in place of noodles. And pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Enter freely and of your own will

Classes were scheduled to start on Tuesday, January 16th, unfortunately, that first day saw the school closed due to cold and snow. So all c...